Washington Vets to Tech (WaV2T)
The 16-week Washington Vets to Tech certificate program provides computer science and information technology education, training, and professional development to active-duty service members in their last 6 months of service, veterans with an honorable or general discharge, 现役军人或符合条件的退伍军人的配偶. Sessions begin each August, January and May.
Why Saint Martin's University?
Available to active-duty 服役最后6个月的军人; veterans with an honorable or general discharge; and spouses of active duty military or eligible veterans.
在莱西校区和JBLM教室进行为期16周的面对面教学. 每年春季(1月至5月)有三次入学机会, 夏季(5月至8月)及秋季(8月至12月).
在莱西校区和JBLM教室亲自上课, earn college credits, prepare for your IT career.
- Average graduate starting salary $75k-89k
- 90% employment within 180 days after graduation
- 获得带有大学学分的计算机科学证书, is regionally accredited, and is in demand by employers
- 在整个项目中提供专业发展，以建立简历, interview preparation, and job search techniques
- Some current hiring partners include Amazon, Oracle, Washington State, TekSystems, and others
- 选择路径:服务器和云应用程序(SCA), Cloud Application Development (CAD), or Cybersecurity Administration
- Small class sizes
The course content in each pathway is designed to help students learn key skills essential for success in the workforce. Additionally, 这些课程与IT认证的重点领域保持一致, including AWS and CompTIA, to prepare students for certification exams. 两张认证考试凭证包含在实验室费用中. WaV2T reserves the right to change certification exam vouchers included under the voucher program.
Join us every Tuesday for an information brief and Q&A at 9:30 a.m. or 3:00 p.m. PT via Microsoft Teams.
Washington Vets to Tech (WaV2T) Requirements
Saint Martin's offers three cohort opportunities each year; each cohort is 16 weeks in length:
- Spring (January to May)
- Summer (May to August)
- Fall (August to December)
There are three pathway options for each of these cohorts:
Server and Cloud Application (SCA)
- Focus on networking fundamentals, operations, troubleshooting, security, cloud computing, hardware
- Careers include junior network administrator, datacenter support technician, network engineer, system administrator, and more
- AWS Certified 云从业者基础(提供考试凭证)
Cloud Application Development (CAD)
- Careers include cloud application developer, software engineer, application software developer, full stack engineer, and more
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (exam voucher provided)
- AWS Certified Developer Associate (exam voucher provided)
- Focus on advanced networking, ethical hacking, threat intelligence, web and app security
- Careers include information and security analyst, security engineer, penetration tester, and more
- AWS Certified 解决方案架构师助理(提供考试凭证)
Term: Spring 2024
Program Dates: January 7 to May 3, 2024
Application Deadline: December 13, 2023
Term: Summer 2024
Program Dates: May 6 to August 16, 2024
Application Deadline: April 26, 2024
Term: Fall 2024
Program Dates: August 26 to December 13, 2024
Application Deadline: August 14, 2024
Interested? Start your no-cost application here.
- Application: Create an account and start your application. Don't have all the prerequisites on hand? You can still submit your application and come back to upload additional materials later.
- Proof of Service: We require specific documentation based on your status as a service member on active duty, a veteran, or a military spouse. Please review this document 确定哪些支持材料应该与您的申请一起上传.
- Math prerequisite: Equivalent to Saint Martin's MTH 101 College Algebra with a grade of C or higher. 你可以通过提交非正式成绩单来满足这个先决条件, take our math placement exam, 或者在新大或其他大学学习大学代数课程
- Unofficial transcripts - Upload transcripts from the college or university where you earned the math credit. 我们不能接受显示为转学学分的数学.
- Math Placement Exam - Free and online, a 50-minute exam with 22/32 will meet the prerequisite. Applicants will have access to the math placement exam link and recommended study materials after submitting an application.
- College algebra course - Take a college algebra course with Saint Martin's or another university. 如果就读其他大学，请将课程描述发给我们. 该课程必须以字母成绩完成，以满足先决条件. 申请人可以将其非官方成绩单上载到申请中. Contact the SMU-JBLM team for more information about course options at SMU.
- Behavioral Interview: Once prerequisites are met, an interview is scheduled and conducted over the phone. 当您进入面试队列时，您将收到通知, and an email when an interview is scheduled. 如有需要，请与我们联系以协调不同的时间.
Active duty applicants who are accepted into the program but are still pending CSP/Skillbridge approval will receive a conditional admit, and will be granted a full admit when we receive an emailed copy of the approved CSP/Skillbridge form. 这必须在申请截止日期前完成并提交.
Active duty applicants:
- Must be within 180 days of their end-of-service date on the start date of the program to be eligible to participate in the program.
- May apply with Saint Martin's and start the CSP/Skillbridge command approval process at the same time.
- Do not require CSP/Skillbridge approval if on terminal leave at the start date of the program.
Command approval applications
It is now the Service Member's responsibility to compile their CSP or Skillbridge packet for command approval. You MUST initiate this step and route the packet through your chain of command for approval for release to participate in the program.
All branches: review the steps to start your packet here.
Send checklist & 表格45(经命令批准或拒绝)送交谘询委员会以供确认: email@example.com.
After reviewing the above information, if you have additional questions please contact the JBLM Transition Assistance Program at 253-967-3258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other funding options include
- VR&E Chapter 31 for veterans with a service connected disability
- 幸存者和家属教育援助(DEA)第35章 为已经死亡或残疾的退伍军人或服务人员的配偶
It is recommended that students apply for their VA Benefits Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) 不迟于学期开始日期前30天. Your CoE is used to verify your VA Educational Benefits eligibility and certifies your enrollment upon the start of the term. 您可以申请您的CoE并查找更多信息 here. 如果您有其他VA福利问题，请发送电子邮件至梅赛德斯加里多 email@example.com or call Veterans Affairs at 888-442-4551, Monday through Friday, 5:00am to 4:00pm PT/8:00am to 7:00pm ET.
Out of pocket payments
Students who elect not to use their VA Educational Benefits to cover the program tuition will be required to pay the full tuition and fee rate for the selected term.
Active Army soldiers may be eligible for AER assistance to cover costs relating to:
- Travel expenses (airfare or fuel)
- Uniforms/business attire
- Tools/CSP training supplies
To apply for an AER grant or to learn more, Soldiers may contact their local AER officer or, in the event a local office is inaccessible or located farther than 50 miles away, please contact AER headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023-2024 | Fall 2023 through Summer 2024
Fees: $800* (Server and Cloud Application and Cloud Application Development pathways)
Optional housing: No cost for active duty, $2,800 for veterans or military spouses. All applicants pay a $200 refundable deposit.
*Fees may differ by pathway. Subject to change as course materials are updated. VA Benefits cover tuition and fees.
Washington Vets to Tech (WaV2T) at a Glance
- Program Type
- Main (Lacey)
- Saint Martin's-JBLM
- Type of Instruction
- In Person